Positivity.

Friday, January 31, 2014




Another short post, I know, I know.

Positivity. I would put a definition here, but I think everyone has their own definition of positivity. 

I'm really trying hard to be more of an optimist about everything. Every morning, I wake up and tell myself 'it's gonna be a good day' and I know I can make it a good day. You and I have the power to change our day. It sounds silly, but it can really affect a lot if you think about it. Be happy and smile a little more and it brightens your day as well as others. But if you're being a Negative Nellie, it will just depress your mood and that's no fun.

Why waste your short time on Earth unhappy when you could be happy?

Do things that put you in a good mood. Do you like to paint? Go out, buy some paint, and PAINT! Do you like to write? Go out journal hunting and buy something that you will ENJOY writing in! Do you like to dance? DANCE! Join a class or just dance around your house like a nut! No one can judge you if you don't let them!

Keep telling yourself what you WANT to believe until you START believing it yourself! 

Got a bad grade? That's alright! Even though you're probably sick of hearing it - you do really learn from your mistakes. You'll do better next time. 

Maybe you don't know how to motivate yourself. Setting goals can be hard and I understand. How do I reach my goals?

I force myself to do it by rewarding myself along the way until I feel like I want my goal enough to power me through the work.

Did you know that to be a master at something you have to work 10,000 hours at it?
That's like, say, a person works 8 hours a day 5 days a week. They'd have to work for over 5 years. Yes, that seems like quite a while, doesn't it? But I promise, promise, PROMISE, it'll come to you once you really want it to!

Oh, and it's also OKAY to be a quitter. When it's not okay is if you quit because you think what you're doing is embarrassing or you've been peer pressured out of it. If you like it, do it. If you don't like it, don't. Your opinion is the only one that should matter to you.

But when you stay positive, you can do anything. Anything at all. Just keep swimming through the hurricane and you'll make it through eventually.


share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply