LATE POST: Tea Haul

Saturday, January 18, 2014

As you can tell, it's a Saturday. And I don't post on Saturdays. I totally forgot I was busy all Friday as soon as I got home from school until midnight and so did not remember to type up a post on Thursday. To shame myself for my miserable failure, I have labeled this post in big, bold, tacky letters: "LATE POST". I think it's some seriously good motivation for me to not be late on posting again.

Anywho, I got a gift card at Christmas for Teavana and decided to do some shopping there last week with it! For those of you who don't know what Teavana is, it's a majestical wonderland for all tea lovers. And by that I mean, it's basically the Starbucks of tea. And it actually is owned by Starbucks. Does it get any better than that, guys?

I bought quite a lot of tea and spent about $40 of my $50 gift card. Let me tell you, boy, was it worth it.

White Chocolate Peppermint Tea



Every single time I go into Teavana, I leave with a couple ounces of this stuff. I can't even begin to explain to you how delicious this tea is. This roobios tea contains truly decadent flavors of chocolate with whirls of peppermint and a smooth, creamy consistency that really just ices the cake! It's limited edition, I believe (for the holidays), but I've heard some rumors that it was such a hit, it might stay all year around..fingers crossed!!

German Rock Sugar


I don't care if they've had the same sample teas in the store for the past two months, I'm going to try them every time. And every time they taste better than when I make them at my house. Now I know these people are some serious tea connoisseurs, but they can't magically make it taste that scrumptious. So, I had to ask them. They told me that they add rock sugar to most of their samples. You should use about 2 teaspoons for every 6oz. cup you make or whatever amount tickles your fancy. It's actually sold there, but way in the back corner, so that's why I've never seen it before! The employee explained that if you use granulated sugar, it will try to overpower the tea's flavors and leave you with more of a cup of dirt tasting liquid which I don't presume anyone would enjoy.

Pumpkin Spice Brulee


The first tea I ever had from Teavana -- and I was sold! This taste great with rock sugar, as well! The employees said that everyone had been stocking up on this since it's 75% off and they're discontinuing it! Seriously, go buy some of this stuff like right now! It's pumpkin, toffee, butterscotch, and  vanilla with a bit of mocha splashed it there. It's perfect all year around, not just the fall time!

Sweet Decadence Gift Set


This was more of a gift set for myself and my family, but it was such a great deal that I had to take it! It was also on sale as it was already past the new year and is no longer on sale, but let me just tell you. It contains Toasted Nut Brulee, CocoCaramel Sea Salt, WonderBerry Truffle, and Slimful Chocolate Decadence. These are all for purchase individually on Teavana's website and I believe in all of the stores. It also contained two tea cup infusers (which I'm STOKED about now owning) and four intricately decorated tins to store your loose leaf tea in! You really don't need rock sugar for any of these though, babes!

Strawberry Cream 


This was also on sale, so I figured I'd try it out after getting a recommendation for it. I have to say it's just not for me. I'm not the type for fruity teas like this. It's exactly what it says it is - a creamy strawberry flavor. But my family loves it and it is absolutely creamy. So if you love that kind of stuff, you'll love this.

Isaac Lahey Tea


Okay, so this isn't from Teavana, but I just HAD to include it considering this is a tea haul! As you all probably know, I'm a little addicted to MTV's Teen Wolf no thanks to my best friend. This past Christmas, I got her a tea blend that was inspired by her favorite character on the show, Stiles Stilinski. She loved it and re-purchased it herself online, so I thought, why not treat myself? I in fact did, but bought my favorite character's tea blend, Isaac Lahey, instead. I'm excited to say that it is the best tea I've ever tasted! Of course, my opinion might be slightly biased because it is (once again) Isaac Lahey tea. I feel like I need to stress that fact because I'm so emotionally attached to this fictional character. It tastes AMAZING with Teavana's rock sugar, also! It's not too overpowering, but a perfect combination of vanilla, mint, chocolate, and foxtrot. I highly recommend this to those who do or do not watch the show. I also highly recommend watching the show *wink, wink*.

---

So sorry for the low-quality pictures! I'm saving up for a camera, but it might be a while...

Oh, and thoughts on the new template/theme? I love it! And it's still a work in progress, so if something's a little off, it should be fixed by the end of the week.


Ciao for now!






share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply