New Years Resolutions

Friday, January 3, 2014

It's that time of year again when everyone has or is making promises they probably won't keep with their selves for the upcoming year.

That being said, Happy 2014!

Today was a good day all in all. I slept in until noon mainly because I'm sick, but I'm a lot better now that I have some food in me. It was a snow day, so no school which is always a huge plus. And I've been listening to music all day. As I'm currently writing this, I'm sitting in my living room with my fat cat sitting on the top of my chair above my head. So, yeah. Pretty good day.

The other night, I made a list of resolutions for myself. I've never really done that on my own free will before. Usually, in the past, I've had to do it for a school grade. I'm pretty proud of myself right now.

I won't be posting all of them because some are more personal and could possibly be taken the wrong way. So, I'll just post some more basic ones that maybe could inspire you if you're having trouble creating a list!

1. Read more - I used to love to read. And to be a good writer you must be a good reader. I need to devote periods of time just to reading.
2. Write more - not just blog posts. I love to write for fun and make up a world in my head.
3. Stress less - pretty straight forward, I think.
4. Smile more - just smile all the time. For good reasons or stupid ones. Laugh a lot, too.
5. Listen - listen to other people's thoughts, opinions, problems. Just LISTEN!!
6. Take more naps - also very straight forward. (Fun fact: Did you know it's scientifically proven that taking naps on a regular basis will increase your memory?)
7. Compliment people more - it'll make them feel good which will, in return, make me feel good.
8. Study for school more and work a little bit harder - I feel like I get so close and give up. I just want to push a little bit further and I know I'll be rewarded if I do so, I just have to do it, y'know?
9. BE HAPPY!!! - Every minute you're angry or upset or sad, you lose a minute of happiness. And frankly, happiness is just so much better.

I also want to listen to music more. How cool is music, though? It's like a whole story in a pretty tone. Does it get any better than that? Last year, I saw a video on YouTube (forget which one, but I know it was one of Ingrid's! a.k.a missglamorazzi) I thought it would be appropriate for this time of year, so I'll just leave a it here and let y'all see for yourselves.

(This Year by Meghan Tonjes)

What are some of your resolutions for this upcoming year? I'd love to hear them!

Oh, and before I go! Who's watching the season 3b premiere of Teen Wolf on Monday night? Feel free to hit me up, so we can fangirl together about it. That will be all.

Ciao for now, muffins!





share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply