NaNoWriMo

Wednesday, March 26, 2014




Ah..the time for Camp Nano. I can practically smell it. The new Internet friends, the late nights, the thirsty writing, the sugar fueled fingers tapping away on the keys. It's all there.

NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month. As most of you probably know, that's in November. But the cool kids at the NaNo offices host a smaller NaNoWriMo two other times a year. One is in April and the other is in July. Since these are the Spring/Summer months, they are named Camp NaNoWriMo. I've heard about them for over a year, but after attempting NaNo last November (and, well, failing to complete my novel), I decided Camp NaNo would be a much better option. You can make any word count goal you want for yourself in these months, whereas in November, you're supposed to opt for 50,000 (the standard novel length word count).

My word count goal for April is 20,000 which I will hopefully surpass eventually. I just wanted to make a little post about it to inform you guys! It's really cool and fun to do and you can make tons of new friends on social media websites with it. If any of you are doing Camp NaNo or decide to do it last minute, just hit me up and we can talk alllll about it!



share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply