Lush Christmas

Monday, December 30, 2013

This past Christmas, I went on a bit of a shopping spree at my local Lush store. I went out looking for the 'Surprise' gift set for myself. (Hey, it had a lot of great products and a good price tag, what can I say?)  Too bad they sold out the day before..just my luck. I remembered some of the products I desperately needed in it and went to grab them as single items. Oh, and I got a couple more things..

Lemony Flutter (for my mother as one of her Christmas presents. See, not all about me? (: ) - a zesty cuticle cream. Of course I needed to borrow this from my mom, so I have seen quite an improvement in my cuticles! 



Fair Trade Honey - a moisturizing shampoo for softer, shinier, and lustier hair. I use this with the Seanik shampoo bar to counteract with it's sea salt that can dry out your hair. I now have soft and luscious hair thanks to this baby!


Whoosh - a shower jelly to wake you up. The scent is what will really wake you up here! A real strong one. I used it on my scalp, but didn't feel any more awake than usual (which is usually not a lot). A little disappointed in this one.

Tea Tree Water - toner water to brighten up dull, blotchy, and acne prone skin. Love, love, LOVE this product! It doesn't smell too shabby and it feels great to spritz on your face in the morning! I also use it after I take all my makeup off before hopping into bed and I'm left with a brighter complexion and less redness in the morning!

BIG Solid Conditioner - a bar of conditioner 'for big volume and tons of shine'. Personally, the worst product I've used from Lush. It's too hard to lather up with in the shower and expensive as well! I read some reviews that said you need to learn how to use it to make it work right, but it's just not doing it for me. Maybe I can try the liquid version next time I get to the store.

Seanik Shampoo Bar - a volumizing bar of shampoo for duller hair. I have the dullest, flattest hair you have ever seen and this babe right here is fabulously volumizing! I do use it everyday even though it isn't recommended because of it's ocean mineral content, but like I said before, I use it with the Fair Trade Honey shampoo to counteract. Perfect combination for texturized, voluminous hair!

The very next day, I got a package in the mail from my aunt and uncle. I basically shrieked when I saw it was the 'Stardust' gift set from Lush. Fortunately, there was nothing in there that I had previously bought. I was absolutely ecstatic! I still am actually. I'm sort of a new Lushie, so I get excited whenever I get new products to try out from there.

Opening the sparkly, star shaped, pink box, I was overwhelmed with a strong scent. The box contains all pink products that all smell pretty similar, if you ask me. Much inspired by their signature scent, 'Snow Fairy', this box is for the girly girls. I definitely consider myself a girly girl, but this was just not my cup of tea. Don't get me wrong, I loved all the products! The scents? Not so much..

It was unbelievably nauseating for me at first. I'm usually a fan of the sugary, candy scents, so after hearing so much about the cotton candy smell of the 'Snow Fairy' products, I was pumped to try them! It made me think pink alright..but more the frilly, over-the-top pink only the cheerleaders in movies can pull off.

Here's a run down of all the products in the 'Stardust' gift set from Lush!

Angel's Delight Soap - a fruity soap for the hands and body. Yet to be used.

Rock Star Soap - vanilla cream scented soap for hands and body. Yet to be used.

Pink Fun - a multi-purpose vanilla and tonka scented bubbler. You can use this in your hair, on your body, in the bath for some bubbles, and just to mold and make into different things. It's alright and I can bear the scent, but I don't prefer it for a shampoo.

Bubble Gum Lip Scrub - just like it sounds, a bubblegum flavored lip scrub! I love Lush's lip scrubs, but like everything else in this pink scented pack, I just can't seem to stand the odor of this bubblegum! Which is odd because I love bubblegum.

Honey Trap Lip Balm - a vanilla and honey flavored lip balm. I think this stuff smells gorgeous and it is perfect to use with a lip scrub. It leaves my lips feeling soft to the touch!

Snow Fairy Massage Bar - This hot pink colored angel wafts the scent of the signature Snow Fairy. Again, not a favorite of mine. I was, although, pleasantly surprised at this massage bar. It didn't contain much glitter, but it felt so nice and smooth on my skin and I became more relaxed the more I used it and took in the scent. Not so sure what the white center is, but I like it!

Snow Fairy Shower Gel - a Snow Fairy scented shower gel. The more you lather, the more it loses it's scent and the subtle version of this is fantastic! I love to use it in the shower now!

I also received separately from my aunt:

Liquid Lipstick in Perspective - a dusky rose liquid lipstick. It's a great neutral color that lasts all day! Totally worth the price!

Charity Pot Hand and Body Lotion - cocoa butter body cream. I LOVE this subtle scent! I only have the small tub and I think I'll need to get the bigger version next time! Even better, all proceeds go to whatever charity is on the pot. The one I own is "Hands Up For Africa". I think it's great to help out charities and apparently, so does my softer than ever skin.

Volcano Foot Mask - 'deodorizing foot mask to smooth and soften'. Yet to use.

I'd say Lush products can go either way. Either really great and effective, or really awful and ineffective. There's no in between with Lush. The scents also included in that statement. Some are just so enticing and wonderful, while others seem absolutely nauseating to me. You definitely have to try all the products yourself to figure out which are best for you.

If you'd like me to do a more in depth review on any of these products, comment below and I'll see what I can do!

I hope you have a fabulous evening and I wish you good luck in the new year!

Ciao for now, muffins! See ya next year!

Oh, and a quick BTW - I don't own any of these photos! They're from various places, mostly Tumblr and Google Images!





share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply